Thursday, March 25, 2010

Long hair don't care

Since I moved back to New York in January of 2008 my cousin Susie put me on to this amazing Dominican hairdresser in Queens, Carmen. I mean she is basically a black hairdresser stuck in a Dominican body. She could do it all: weaves, cuts, color... ANYTHING, not just your average wash, set, and blow. She really understood my hair, what I liked, and was very reasonable price wise. Sometimes I like to add pieces in and she hooked it up so well you couldn't even tell what was mine from what wasn't. Since I graduated from Stony Brook and broke up with my ex, I don't troop to Queens as often so my weekly visits turned into monthly ones. I went last week and they told me Carmen wasn't in so I went back today and was utterly shocked when they told me Carmen no longer worked there and they didn't know where she is now!! I know them heffas were probably lying and they lucky I can't speak or understand Spanish because I KNOW they were talking amongst each other about her since I asked about her whereabouts. I'm now lost without Carmen but thank God my girl Tammy has skills and can take care of my locks.

*One of my fav pics thanks to Carmen* TEAR- you'll be missed

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails