Tuesday, March 30, 2010

A star was born...


Jay says, every day a star is born and my star was born yesterday, 15 years ago. Everyone who knows me understands what a big part of my life Kaylah is. I remember the first day I met her she was about 6 months old and she captured my heart immediately with her big bright eyes. When my grandmother moved in with us, Kaylah came along too and I was in heaven. It was like she was my daughter. I took her EVERYWHERE with me: church, shopping with my friends, the park, hairdresser ANYWHERE. She was so well behaved, cute, and precocious. Everyone loved her and always wanted her around.

Years later when Kaylah had to move back in with her mom I was heartbroken and actually cried. Thank God she would still spend entire summers and all holidays in the Bronx with my family.

Now my lil Kay- Kay isn't so little anymore. She is 15 years old with a big personality. She loves to laugh and be silly (as you can see in the pictures below). What I love about her is she isn't afraid to be herself. She embraces her uniqueness and is comfortable in her own skin. Even though she can be a smart ass at times (I guess that comes with being a teenager) I still love her.

Happy Birthday K!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails