Friday, September 17, 2010

Wanting what you have

I can be a very moody person at times and it just takes some thing small to push me over the edge. I mean I can make a mole hill turn into a mountain. Well that happened yesterday. I got so worked up over a little incident and it just made me think of all the 'horrible things wrong in my life'. I mean I was feeling so sad, so mad, so helpless that I buried myself under my comforter and just listened to the rain beat against my AC unit and the roll of the thunder. I guess the weather didn't help my mood either, it actually contributed to my foolishness. After a couple of hours I bounced down the stairs and came across a small plaque that use to hang in my grandmother's house. I never paid it any mind until that moment. It read:

Happiness is not getting what you want but wanting what you have


That's one of the realist things I ever read! Sometimes I get so caught up with the situation I'm in, I forget to think about all I've been blessed with. Day by day I strive not to get caught up with things of the world and always remember my happiness comes from within.

Little signs like this make me feel my grandma is still guiding me through life even though she is no longer here

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails