Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The case of the missing passport

It was all good just a week ago… well more like 2. I went to my drawer where I’ve kept my passport since I’ve moved back to New York in 2008, to enter in my passport information online for my cruise (5 more days yay!!!) and I swore I put it right back. Fast forward a week later when the boyfriend was entering his info and asked where to find something. I knew exactly what he was talking about so I hopped off my bed to help him out and the little blue book wasn’t there. I instantly went into panic mode and tore my room apart (3 times) to no avail. I felt sick to my stomach not only because my cruise was fast approaching but because of the big fat fee I just knew I would have to pay if I couldn't find it.

I made my appointment to the US Passport Agency in the city and thank God my brother was home visiting and I was able to talk him into going with me. Boy were we in for a rude awakening for the security check just to get into the building. My number was 5452! I swore that was the longest wait of my life and getting there 2 hours before my appointment time didn't help. I've never been so happy to see a number flash across a screen in my life.

Long story short I got my passport after paying $195 no less, but I have it.

I must must must get a lock box to put all my important papers in so this won't happen again.

I do love my new picture and my passport was set to expire in January anyway so I told myself I just got a jump start on the renewal process

But best of all I got to spent time with my brother and introduce him to Chiptole... yum!! Can you believe he's never tried it?

But the question still remains... where the heck is the missing passport???

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails