Tuesday, February 22, 2011

My big homie

This week I'm off from Monday to Friday night (yay)! You know normally with 4 days off I would be on the next thing smoking to DC but I have so many things to take care of and friends I've been neglecting that I thought it would be best to stay in NY for these few days.

One of these friends is my big homie Greg. We normally would have lunch together one Sabbath a month after church but now all my Sabbath's off are spent out of town so we rarely see each other anymore, so we got together at the Italian restaurant Gianna's in Yonkers. The service is really good and I love the ambiance. It's dimly lit with candles on each table.
I had the chicken parmigiana with whole wheat pasta and Greg had the chicken marsala. The chicken parm was ok (I think the one I make is better though) but the serving was huge. I couldn't finish it all even though that was my only meal of the day.

We decided to share dessert and ordered the Oreo cookies and cream cake. Thankfully it wasn't good so after one bite we had enough and saved on a ton of calories.

It was so nice hanging out and catching up with my friend again. This is one friendship I could never be with out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails