Monday, February 14, 2011

Sunday at Crossroads

The boyfriend has been bragging about the Sunday brunch at Crossroads Restaurant in MD for as long as I can remember so we finally hit one of his favorite spot's this weekend. As we pulled into the parking lot, I tried to hide my disappointment. In my head I said, "I hope this man isn't taking me to a hole in the wall that could easily fit in with the other Jamaican restaurants on White Plains Rd" (my neighborhood in the Bronx) ...awful I know...lol. But as I stepped inside I was dead wrong.
The ambiance inside was pretty nice, a little too dark for me but nice nonetheless . The tables were lined with linens and the dark wicker chairs and matching celling fans gave it a cool Caribbean vibe. Sunday brunch is an all you can eat buffet and there was plenty to choose from. Escovitched fish, ackee & saltfish, stew chicken, rice & peas, curry chicken, fried dumpling, calaloo, fried plantain, green banana, porridge and much more. There was even an omelet and waffle station! Its like having breakfast or lunch in your grandmother's kitchen and for about $20/person, you can't go wrong.


I love the mural painted on the wall adjacent to the parking lot. What a great reminder of our past!

I got your back Mr. President cuz I know you have mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails