Friday, February 11, 2011

You're a little early Kennedy Elyse

I didn't go to bed until 4 o'clock this morning and to make it worse I have a 10am hair appointment in Brooklyn...ugh. Instead of waking up to my alarm clock going off at 8am, my phone rings with my bestie Sheree on the other end telling me her water broke. I was in shock because she wasn't due for another 3 weeks. After we hung up, I showered and called her again just to make sure her call wasn't a dream.


When I finally got to the hospital that evening, Sheree was in good spirits. She just received her epidural and had essentially no pain.


Around 2am Sheree at last began to feel pressure. The doctors told her to hold on for another 30 mins and then she was able to start pushing. In record time, I swear Sheree pushed 3 to 4 times in less than 10 mins, Kennedy Elyse Patricia Groves was born at 2:59am, weighing 5lbs 9oz, 19 inches long.

She's such an alert baby, keeping her eyes open all the time, observing her new surroundings


Proud Daddy
Kennedy with her Aunt Kelli


Even though I was up for over 24 hours and have to drive to DC today, I wouldn't have missed the birth of my god daughter for anything. I just met her and I'm already in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails